Australian Women’s & Gender Studies Biannual Conference 2022 28 November – 30 November 2022 Melbourne
Call for papers
Doing feminist work requires energy; it creates energies and it can drain energies away. Energies are committed to revolution, resistance and resilience. From the global to the local, feminist work continues to build on the labour of those seen and unseen feminists who preceded us. This labour is often hidden from view, compounded by the inevitable backlash that occurs when dominant structures are challenged and inequalities are brought to the fore.
The 2022 AWGSA Conference celebrates feminist energies, efforts and advocacy taking place across activism, scholarship, praxis and policy. It acknowledges affect, emotion, and fatigue.
The Conference Committee invites papers and panels on the following themes:
- Feminist histories, stories and movements
- Feminist and anti-racist interventions
- Intersectional identities, activism and concerns
- Feminist cultural artefacts and affects
- Feminist cultures and practices
- Heating and cooling environments, worlds, and subjectivities
- Decolonising settler histories and claims
- Feminist spaces: urban, rural, digital and global domains
The conference will be held on the traditional lands of the Wurundjeri Woi Wurrung, Bunurong and Boon Wurrung peoples. We recognise and respect the Traditional Owners and their cultural heritage, beliefs and relationship with the land.
Calls for papers is now open; it will close on 30 June 2022.
Notification of acceptance will be 31 August 2022.
Program and registrations will be released on 15 October 2022.